Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Don't Do It

It's the holidays. For many people, Christmas and New Years are so romantic. And yet, as romance floods the season as we hear the countdown to the New Year, ohers feel left out and lonely.

At times like these, people sometimes long for the best of the old relationships, and consequently forget the worst of those old relationships. It can be tempting to make a call that should not be made, send an e-mail that shouldn't be sent, make a forbidden text message. If this is you, then

Don't Do It!!!!!!

Seriouly, you'll hate yourself in the morning. That old relationship ended for a reason. Romantic feelings are not what is going to make that old relationship work. Trust your common sense.

2 comments:

Liz said...

LMAO!! You are so right. I do still talk to my ex-boyfriend, but I feel I can do it because my emotions are totally out of it now. When he IMs me I'm sitting here alone and bored, so even if he annoys me I talk to him anyway. But lucky for me 1200 miles separate us since I moved, so no chance of anything there even if I do see him while I'm home visiting over the holidays.

But if there are any romantic feelings left, it is absolutely a BAD idea to call. Stirs everything up again and the letdown is usually much worse than the lonely feeling that promted the call.

Fajita said...

Liz, good point on the emotional engagement. I almost gave this post the title of "emotional divorce," but I didn't because I thought it was too exclusive.

Anyway, the emotional aspect is the point.