Monday, April 02, 2007

Smart Single Parents Speak #3: Make time for yourself

Do you ever run out of gas? How often do you have absolutely nothing to give, and then that one last request comes in and you blow a gasket? Can you feel your blood boiling all the time, not because you're an angry person, but because there is too much list at the end of the day?

You need a break.

You might think you're invincible, but you're probably headed for a heart attack.

Take a break. You need a little refueling time. Hot bath with candles going. Cup of copffee in silence. A quick dive over to the sporting goods store or maybe the local craft store. Maybe you need a whole day. Whatever it is, you might just relieve enough pressure to make it through the next week.

Oh, that selfish you say?

Think about it like your car. You never think your car is selfish when you have to fill it up with gas. No, it just makes sense. Now, if you just spilled gass all over the ground like it didn't matter, then that is wasteful and selfish. But just doing for the car what it needs in order for it to run properly, that is not selfish.

It is not selfish to do what your body, mind, and spirit need in order to operate properly. Now, probably don't need three weeks in Maui (although it would be nice), but you might need a day to yourself. Find a way to get it.

Everyone will be better off if you do.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everybody needs a break from daily routines. Sometimes even just window shopping helps to unwind. Or a quick visit to a spa. Just to be away from everything that you see everyday. Thanks for this great post.

Karlie said...

You are right. Everyone needs time to wind down at times. It is hard not to think of it as time wasted when there is so much to do, but it is necessary for the mind.

m.m.garnes said...

I'm so glad you addressed this topic. For me, remembering to schedule myself break-time can the hardest thing to do!

single parents said...

Hello,
Thanks for sharing the information regarding the single parents.. Its a great resource for me and I am glad I visited here and come to know about such resource.. I will look forward to it..

Single mother grants said...

Hey thanks actually I am a single mother working in an organization and was looking for the information regarding the single mothers and the information you have shared and specially the link is really the great one. I have reviewed very useful information and definitely going to use this one in my future financial plans of my child.

single parent statistics overview said...

Its very heart hurting being single parent. But its very important to take this challenge and live for your kids and make your loneliness disappear. You have shared very nice tips to eradicated loneliness that i really like.

Mariam said...

I am Mariam used every single spell worker on the internet, spent untold amounts of money and discovered they are all fakes...i was the fool though; doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. In the end, I decided that I wanted a tarot reading to know what my future held for me; I contacted a woman who lives locally to me and she told me about a man named (Priests Irumole); he does not advertise on the internet, has another job for income, has no set prices, makes no false promises and refuses to help anyone that cannot be helped and even helps
for free sometimes, he will give you proof before taking money. He is a wonderful man and he was the only person who actually gave me real results. I really hope he doesn't mind me advertising his contact on the internet but I'm sure any help/ extra work will benefit him.contact him as spirituallighthealing101@live.com He travel sometimes.i cant give out his number cos he told me he don’t want to be disturbed by many people across the world..he said his email is okay and he’ will replied to any emails asap,love marriage,finance, job promotion ,lottery Voodoo,poker voodoo,golf Voodoo,Law & Court case Spells,money voodoo,weigh loss voodoo,any sicknesses voodoo,Trouble in marriage,HIV AIDS,it's all he does Hope this helps everyone that is in a desperate situation as I once was; I know how it feels to hold onto something and never have a chance to move on because of the false promises and then to feel trapped in wanting something
more.